Friday, September 5, 2008

blogging: it's the new rage!

For those of you who like to be on the cutting edge of technology, I'm here to let you in on the very latest thing out there: it's called "blogging." You are, believe it or not, reading a "blog" right now. This is wild stuff, but trust me, once you get into it, you're gonna love it. This is my first "blog" and I'm having an amazing time already.

So what exactly is this phenomenon called "blogging" you're probably asking yourself. Just imagine your journal from high school, except on the Internet, where everyone in the entire world can read and make fun of it. Now who wouldn't be into that?

If you want to make a "blog" like the one I'm making right now, all you have to do is go to this great World Wide Web site called Blogger. Here's the "Web address" (which is tech slang for the code that you enter into your "navigation bar," which is tech slang for the little thing at the top of your screen that you can type in): www.blogger.com. Just drag your mouse across that sucker and than "copy/paste" it into that Navigation Bar we were just talking about. And bam! You're on the Blogger Web site and ready to bust out your own soul-wrenching, earth shattering, jaw dropping observations on the inner workings of mankind's dark universal soul.

One day I predict that we will be able to write the name of a Web site on our "blogs" and then people will just be able to click on the words and it will take them straight to the site! We'll probably call this "zipping through" or something like that.

So, if you're ready to take it to the next level with me as I "get my blog on," then be sure to post me a link or paste me a comment - it's your call.

Well, I gotta go now. My PC is running out of memory, or maybe RAM. I need to save some files to a floppy disk to free up space. Once I'm up and going again, I'll see you in the fast lane of the Information Super Highway!

1 comment:

Ellyn Canfield said...

Welcome to the WWW, Big Brother.

I am pretty sure I snooped through your journals in highschool, so if you need some memory refreshing, let me know.